At Devour Tours our mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
Food Tour Guides Needed
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
– Do you love San Sebastian and Spain? Do you love Spanish food? Can you command a crowd, make them listen and make them laugh? Then you might be a perfect candidate for a job as a food tour guide with Devour San Sebastian.
– You need to make a great first impression, be a fantastic storyteller, have an infectious sense of humor, be adept at thinking quickly on your feet, be responsible and detail-oriented and be empathetic and highly sensitive to people’s backgrounds, cultures, and differences.
– We want people who are passionate about San Sebastian, Spain, and this country’s cuisine, and who know how to communicate that passion to others and make them as excited as you.
– If you think you might be the right person, check the application requirements below and get in touch.
– Have a high level of English and Spanish
– Be allowed to work in Spain and registered (or willing to register) as an autónomo. As an ethical employer, we only work with autónomo guides, meaning you can legally invoice us and we can legally pay you. Becoming autónomo is very easy (we can help get you set up) and note that under current laws, for the first 18 months you’ll only pay €50/month social security. Please note: if you are on a student visa this does not allow you to be autónomo and unfortunately means you’re not able to work with us.
– Have lived in San Sebastian for at least one year
– Have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information (whether via Whatsapp, SMS or email)
– Have access to internet at home and check their email at least once a day; and
– Be available for monthly team meetings and periodic (fun!) training sessions.
In order to apply, please fill out this application form:: http://bit.ly/2TvxtD8