Ultimate San Sebastian Pintxos & Wine Tour
Visit the best pintxos & wine bars in San Sebastian on our exclusive pintxos tour. All local, family-run eateries. The best way to taste San Sebastian!
- The best authentic pintxos in San Sebastian, carefully selected from the city's countless pintxos bars!
- A visit to 6 unique locations (some 100+ years old!) where you'll meet proud families who cook, serve and love the bars they've been running for generations
- Discover the complex world of Spanish ham and learn what makes Spain's famous black-hoof ham so delicious (and expensive!)
- Learn about Basque culture and history and discover a unique gastronomic tradition that’s centuries old and still practiced in San Sebastian
- Insider tips for how to do pintxos like a local -- from choosing an authentic pintxo bar to the unwritten rules of ordering and paying!
- Local drinks at every bar-- from dry crisp apple cider, to local red and white wines, to a delicious dessert wine
Cortney, our tour guide for the evening, took us to places that as a tourist, one would surely miss out on. Devour Tours forges relationships with family-owned restaurants, some of which have been serving locals for over 100 years. All of the food is insanely fresh and packed with flavor. Cortney taught us how to order pinxtos like a local, and ensured that our bellies and hearts were content by the end of the evening tour.
When I initially booked the tour I thought it was a bit pricey but it was well worth the money for 3 hours of history, delicious food and drink. The following day, after the tour, we returned to several of the pintxo bars we had visited on the tour. This wouldn't have happened had we not been shown around by Cortney as we wouldn't have found half the places on our own.
I can't recommend this tour with Cortney any higher. She took us to some great food places and we had excellent pintxos paired with outstanding wines! She gave us a very informative history lesson of the area. No one should visit San Sebastián without doing this tour.
- Freshly prepared cod, served with a modern twist
- Crispy suckling pig served on a bed of quince jam
- Spain's best acorn-fed Iberian ham
- The first ever pintxo invented in San Sebastian
- Fresh mussels steamed and served the local way
- Tender local beef seared to perfection
- The best anchovies in the world-- sure to make a fan out of anyone!
- The creamiest, award-winning cheesecake in all of Spain
- Crisp, dry Basque cider-- poured the local way!
- Local white wine called txakoli
- Red wine from the neighboring Navarre region
- Red wine from the famous Rioja wine region
- Sweet Pedro Ximénez dessert wine
What to Expect on Your Tour
San Sebastian’s food scene is world-renowned, both for fine dining and world-class pintxos. This is a city filled with picturesque and inviting eateries, but how do you spot the best ones?
Join us on our curated San Sebastian pintxos tour to discover the city’s best pintxos bars in the old town while you learn the local ways of dining out and how to enjoy the Basque way of eating (and drinking!)
Along the way you’ll learn the fascinating history of this region’s complex and unique cuisine and culture, as you weave in and out of its mystery-filled streets! Devour Tours boasts thousands of 5-star Trip Advisor reviews, and we are so excited to show off the best food and places in San Sebastian!
Your evening will begin in true local style with some crisp local cider and delicious seafood pintxos. You’ll move on to acorn-fed Iberian ham, as well as the local variety– extremely hard to find elsewhere. You’ll taste the best anchovies in the country (they’ve converted many supposed anchovy haters– trust us!), the most delicious local beef, seared local cod, suckling pig and more. Throughout the evening you’ll dive into our favorite hand-picked hidden taverns serving delicious and unique house specialties– from our traditional local favorites to gourmet modern creations, you’ll try them all! Of course, you’ll wash the pintxos down with excellent local wines, ciders, and more!
But great food and wine are just the beginning. Our Devour Tours always include a strong cultural element, as we see food as the perfect way to understand the local culture and history– which is plentiful in the Basque Country and San Sebastian! We promise to fill your mind as well as your belly.
As with all Devour San Sebastian food tours, you’ll get a copy of our Devouring San Sebastian mini-guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Join us to experience the city’s amazing pinxto culture, incredible wines and local beverages, culture, sights and history. It’s the best way to understand and appreciate all that San Sebastian has to offer!
Book your spots now (tickets sell out quickly) and eat with us on a San Sebastian pintxos and wine tour!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore San Sebastian's most famous historic squares and hidden alleyways in the old-town.