Secrets of San Sebastian Food Tour
Discover the local secrets of Basque cuisine on our San Sebastian food tour. Includes a market visit, local hidden gems and a delicious lunch at our favorite San Sebastian pintxos bars!
- Tour the colorful local market, meeting passionate vendors and trying San Sebastian's best hams, cheeses, olives and more!
- Visit a famous chocolate and churros joint that has been operating for more than 60 years
- Sample San Sebastian’s wide range of pintxos on offer—from the most traditional to modern, gourmet favorites
- Explore the beautiful old town of San Sebastian and learn about the unique Basque history and culture alongside an expert guide
- Meet the proud families who cook, serve and love Spanish food in the bars they've been running for generations
- Learn how to do pintxos like a local—from choosing an authentic pintxos bar to the unwritten rules of ordering and paying!
- Freshly cooked churros dipped in thick hot chocolate
- Two styles of Spain's famous cured ham
- Unique local cheeses from the Basque Country
- Selection of local olives
- Grilled prawn skewer drizzled with a tangy vegetable-based sauce
- Freshly prepared and elaborated modern-style pintxos
- A much-loved Basque pastry
- Piping hot coffee
- Local white wine called txakoli
- Red wine from the famous Rioja wine region
What to Expect on Your Tour
With beautiful beaches, Belle Epoque architecture studding the streets and world-class food around every corner, many people don’t know where to start when it comes to San Sebastian! Join us on our three-hour San Sebastian food tour and market tour to go beyond San Sebastian’s stunning surface. In fact, you’ll discover a side of San Sebastian few visitors get to see! Learn the secrets behind the city’s food, market tradition, and pintxo culture while hearing stories of Basque traditions and history that will bring San Sebastian’s past to life.
Kick things off with churros and chocolate breakfast at an iconic local favorite—it’s been in business since the 1950s, and they serve the best churros in town! You’ll then stroll around the Old Town where you’ll hear the stories behind San Sebastian’s fascinating history, bringing the very streets you’re walking on to life.
Next up is a visit to a stunning local market to learn about Spain’s rich market tradition! Not only will you meet friendly local vendors who are passionate about their products, but you’ll also try delicious local bites, including acorn-fed Iberian ham and artisan cheese.
In true Basque fashion, you’ll finish off with some delicious pintxos for lunch, visiting two well-loved pintxos bars in the historic center. To experience the full spectrum of San Sebastian’s pintxos scene, you’ll visit one traditional favorite, as well one with a more modern twist. In addition to tasting some of our favorite bites in San Sebastian, you’ll also learn the tips and tricks of doing pintxos like a local, all of which comes in handy during the rest of your stay!
As with all Devour San Sebastian tours, you’ll receive our Devouring San Sebastian Guide! Packed with all our favorite places to eat, drink and shop, it’s the perfect guide to discover even more of the city!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore San Sebastian's most famous historic squares and hidden alleyways in the old-town.